Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It’s your hamster Richard.......

.....It’s your hamster in the box and it’s not breathing.

Meli, John and I have started a supper club. We actually started it in September with Fred's Not Here . I've never been but Meli and John had been there before. It was pretty good. Only Meli and I went though, as John had to take care of his sick kid, or maybe big head had to take care of sick daddy, but whatever, it was only Meli and I that went.
We had the baked lobster and crap soup. That alone would've killed John, so it;s a good thing he didn't go. We also had the Jump fried mixed mushrooms. Those two were killer good. KILLERRRR. The parmesan crostini & arugula were excellent. Woke up my tastebuds nicely.
For the main course, I had the Pan seared venison scallopini w/ oaxacan mole,corn cakes, chipotle crème fraîche. It was pretty good, but I don't really do sweet meat. And it had this sauce on top that was sweet, so it killed it for me. But Meli loved it.
Meli had the Duck 2-ways – slow roasted duck leg confit, chinese bbq duck breast w/ fancy mushroom agnolotti, garam masala porcini sauce. Now that was some good duck. It wasn't curried duck, but damn near close!! Except for the fatty skin. Hmmm.......i'm salivating just thinking about it.
I don't think we had any dessert. No room.

But it was yummy. I'll update the rest of the months later.

2 comments:

Meli said...

Why is Richard's hamster in a box?

newer said...

HA! You read that letter to Virgin airlines too. . . that was funny :)