Monday, March 2, 2009

Hello, my name is llleeesssaaa.......

.....and I am a spendaholic.

Not shopaholic, because, not only do I crave designer ANYTHING, I crave spending money. On food, on clothes, on gym memberships for gyms that I don't go to anymore, on blockbuster movies and library book that are always returned late. If there is a sure fire way to spend money (or in some cases lose i.e. getting an $50 speeding ticket, but not paying it and then having a $250 fee to re-instate my license because of the unpaid ticket), I have done it.

Now I am in debt.

We have decided that since we both have approximately the same amount of debt, we will do this together. We did not accumulate the debt the same way, though. Her hubby and myself think along the same lines, only he makes double what I make, and they have a mortgage to pay for, and payments on the car, and they are raising twins. Key word there, is "THEY" as oppossed to just me, who lives at home with my parents and my car is basically paid off for.

So, yeah, this is going to be an interesting journey.

She already has plans of cutting back and saving, and even earning extra income meanwhile I have just spent $302 on Disney on Ice tickets, and I now have to fix my car, which is going to cost $1,000.

Yup, interesting indeed.

2 comments:

Meli said...

Good luck with that!

newer said...

Good Stuff!! We'll do it one day at a time :)