Monday, September 21, 2009

I used to have a man.....

He used to have a side chick.........
My cousins wedding was this weekend. I'm not trying to only find the negative things that happened and dwell on those, but let's be honest; there was nothing good there to go to and there was no fun had. My night consisted of negative things, so I will tell you about that. If you don't want to know about it, or think that I am too negative, feel free to navigate your way off my page. Here are some highlights (if you will):
First of all, if anyone ever decides to mapquest Les Jarding banquet hall, DONT!!! You will get the wrong address. Ended up going 20mins in the wrong direction. Then I had my over anxious mother and grandmother in the car. Oooh boy, did I get an earful. We arrived on time though, at 6, and the bride was only then entering the building, to go to her special area to wait until she was called. Then, they did not have a seating plan. So remember, I was initally upset that I had to sit with single people. Well, now there was no seating plan, so I sat with Meli and my parents and aunt sat right beside us. When the speeches were going on, everyone was talking about the bride and how good a catch she was. Well, I 've known her most of my life, albeit, we weren't close or anything, but we knew eachother and I'm sorry, but I don't share these same memories. I know it's her wedding and they can't really say she's a bitch and good for nothing, but it just got me thinking that hey, maybe I missed out on this great person whom everyone seems to truly like. But then I'm like 'fuck it. I have enough great people in my life and they are all that I need'. The speeches were long. The MOH, i'll admit had a speech, which is one up on me who just started crying and left the mic (MELI, I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T WANT TO!!!), but I thought she was too loud and obnoxious. Nothing new. The music sucked. The dj talked too much. I did like the fact that I had unlimited access to all-i-can-drink virgin caesars. The bartender kept laughing at me whenever I ordered it though, is there something humourous about me asking for that?? The meal was buffet!! And the options sucked. There wasn't even fried chicken. The speeches ended up going on until 10 pm. Then the one cousin that I speak to, she left at 11. Meli left even before the speeches were done!! Plus my dress was too loose around my breasts area and I was having issues with it staying up. My cousin decided that her sister should get the bouquet for the toss, and her parents were none the happier. Honestly, she hasn't even been with the guy for a year yet. Plus, they're soooo awkward. They just look like they're trying too hard.
So, it was what was expected.

2 comments:

newer said...

HA!! Your misfortune is funny to me. . .I must hear all about this when I sees ya :P

Moniksca said...

I love how even on someone's wedding day, you still manage to be bitter. I hear you on the dress problem.